The TERRA-JET DJ 40 may drill directional bores up to 250 m (825 ft) length and 520 mm (20.5″) diameter (depending on ground conditions). It is driven by a 97 kW (132 HP) powered diesel engine, which is “clean” and fulfils the required “green” emission regulations for some years to come. Torque and pullback force are produced by separated hydraulic circuits allowing the to be used simultaneously under full load. A rarity nowadays in HDD machines. Its dimensions allow operation in confined city spaces. It can be easily transported. The external mixing system mixes the Bentonite into the drilling fluid via an injector (venture hopper). The TERRA-JET DJ 40 is compact and manoeuvrable in spite of its high power output and superior operating capabilities. Comfortable and wide drivers cabin. With the assistance systems ADBSe, Curve Mode, Cruise Mode, Thrust Control.
• Directional bores up to 250 m (825 ft), backream diameter up to ø 520 mm (21″). High drilling fluid volume: 400 ltr/min (105 gpm). External mixing station.
• Mimimum bending radius: 45 m (150 ft).
• Weight: 2.25 m wide
• Lengh: 6.6 m long
• The drilling fluid volume is 400 ltr/min at a maximum fluid pressure of 19 bars.
• Maximum torque of 5’400 Nm and the maximum pullback force of 150 kN (15 tons)
• Operational weight of 9.2 tonnes.